Friday 4 October 2013

Infections and treatment.

4th October 2013

I was still feeling weird this morning (weird pain in my bladder and still needing to go several times in a few minutes) so we toddled off to PAC after raining ahead to let them know we were coming.
They were great and so accommodating! Got welcomed in, gave them a urine sample and was popped on a bed which was extremely comfortable (asked where I could get one). Felt weird being treated as a patient just for a sample of urine lol.
We sat back and waited a couple of minutes while they checked the sample which came back with a few white blood cells (which indicates infection) but not a high level so the midwife came back to take some blood. When I routinely told her I was needle phobic and that I would be fine but just don't let me see it, she went to get a smaller needle! Ha ha usually they just get on with it. One midwife popped her head around the curtain and disappeared again saying "oh it's not her it's a different lady" I'm guessing there is a regular who is also phobic. 
Then a Dr came back with the needle (happened that it was the same Dr I spoke with on the phone earlier) and exclaimed that I hadn't told her one twin was ruptured. I guess I just forget now and then as it has become such the norm that I don't see fit to get treated any differently to other patients. (Pretty sure I had mentioned it though).
She took the blood and we waited for the results which took about an hour in which time I had blood pressure and temp taken while the room filled up with other women who were each hooked up to monitors and the room soon became noisy with the sound of baby heart beats.
The midwife managed to find both heart beats of our babies and the Dr came back with a script with strict instructions to now monitor my temperature twice a day for infection.
I was thrilled with the level of care as I didn't think twice about being admitted for a urine test so very glad they went to lengths to make sure I was fine before leaving :)
Crashed out on our bed when I got home though, thinking I may not have slept as well as I thought last night!

 I am now in bed and hoping for some good rest tonight.

Xx B&S 

No comments:

Post a Comment