Thursday 3 October 2013

Decisions...

3rd October 2013

Posting today as yesterday was our weekly appointment but afterwards there were just too many things running through my mind to blog.... Perhaps I should have taken the opportunity to write it all down and get it out of my head?

All was well and good with us, checked blood pressure, looked at babies, wee girl is breech and made plans for our next appointment. We also asked a few questions... One of which brought up the topic of resuscitation. I had asked if we should get the steroids at 24 weeks which the reply we got involved us having to think about whether we would resuscitate if they arrive between 24 and 27 weeks. There is only a 20% chance of survival without severe neurological issues so we would have to think about how we would handle it. I know myself and I would go straight on my emotional feelings and chose to save my babies no matter what.. But in reality I don't want to have to make that decision.

I think I will get the steroids just in case but will try as much rest in between 24 and 27 weeks to try get us through the really risky period.

So... Theban for the next three weeks is as follows, bloods next wed morning (marked urgent) PAC appointment in the afternoon (seeing high risk clinic only every two weeks now that things look stable) 

Then the week after its scan on Monday morning, bloods on Tuesday then appointment on we'd with HRC and also appointment with a Pead and steroids! Very busy few weeks.

Will be visiting PAC tomorrow morning as I am sure I have a UTI :( been busting for the loo three times in 5 minutes but nothing comes out!...... Bugger.

The good thing about PAC is that they are really flexible! Our appointment on we'd next week is just a turn up sometime in the afternoon kind of appointment :)

Anyways I am going to try and sleep...
Night all!

Xx B&S 

No comments:

Post a Comment