Wednesday 9 October 2013

Home at last!!

9th October 2013

HOME!!!!!!

I can't believe this day has finally come, for a while there it seemed as if there was no end in sight.
I had a visit from the Dr who asked me what our ideas and understanding were about delivering early and resuscitation to which I told him what we knew so far. He proceeded to explain that delivery early is highly likely and that because of our breech twin it will be a cesarian but also because one twin is transverse, the incision would have to be vertical which would affect any future pregnancy as the abdominal wall may rupture. 
We are also told that the hospital would happily resuscitate a baby at 23 weeks although that decision would be left up to us. 

Anyway, I got my bloods from yesterday checked and white cell count had gone from 8 to 9 which could mean an impending infection. The Dr asked if I would like a break from bloods today to which I replied "what will get me home sooner?" He laughed and left. An hour later a midwife came in to take my blood :P I guess that was the Drs answer ha ha

They were taken and I awaited the prognosis. Meanwhile my new roommate went down for a ciggy and took her noisy family with her and I had a rest.

When the Dr came back he said that all looked good and I was free to leave!!!!!! Provided I came back on Saturday for more bloods and kept my appointment on Wednesday :D I literally jumped out of bed and started packing!!!!!

We have a scan tomorrow morning which we will see how much the babies are weighing and check on fluid, placenta and blood pooling :)

Glad to be home now although because I was resting for 4 days I was exhausted just walking to the car!

Will update about our scan tomorrow.

Xx B&S

No comments:

Post a Comment