Thursday 29 August 2013

Emergency

1st August 2013

This day was a long one.....

Aidan had gone for a walk and Harry was in bed when I felt a sharp pain. I got up and then felt a trickle..... Running to the bathroom I found I had started gushing and the colour was red..... Safe to say I freaked out....A LOT!

I called Aidan to say "I'm bleeding, we need to go to the hospital" tears flowing I waited for Aidan to get home.

We got to emergency and I told them what happened. After an hours wait I got to see the triage nurse, I told my story again and was asked to wait on the grey chairs.

Lunch time rolled around and we were still waiting. Finally I got some blood drawn and was asked to wait yet again. After three hours in the waiting room in agony and still bleeding we were taken into another room with a bed and once again I told my story (surely I could have it written down to just pass onto the Drs?)

She went away to get pain killers for me, half an hour later and three poo explosions (Harry's) a different Dr came in. Story told AGAIN and finally got some Panadol! No idea where the last dr got to?

We were then moved from the consultation room to a bed in the ward. Changed into a gown and told a Dr wold be there soon. Temp and blood pressure taken. Another hour later after telling my story to three more Drs they said an OBGYN from maternity would come down and see us and get a scan. Poor Harry was so bored by then (4pm and decided to get someone to come get him) shift changes started so story was told again to the new nurses.

At 5:45pm (we had been there since 11am) I got a scan by the OBGYN who said the babies were fine and she wasn't sure where the bleeding was coming from but could be a placental rupture. Finally discharged as they didn't see fit to keep me in all night and to come back for a scan in the morning. 7 hours after we got there, we left.....


This was our crappy beginning of August...

No comments:

Post a Comment