Saturday 28 September 2013

Sleep is for the fortunate

28th September 2013

So we went for our appointment only to be told 2 minutes before that the Dr was sick and could we come back on Monday?.....

I am at peace with the Dr being sick but when you have been waiting for half your pregnancy to find out if your baby is okay only to be told you have to wait another week...feelings are a little different, disappointing, nervous, upset and many more. 
We have been rescheduled for Monday morning at 10:30am. We had our weekly visit to the HRC but because of the scan of baby b being postponed there wasn't a lot to discuss. No more antibiotics thank goodness as they made me feel sick and she wrote a referral for my weekly bloods which I was fortunate enough to have a different nurse to last two weeks.

Yesterday was my 29th birthday and it was pretty good :) I got a cake which is all I ask for really and a most lovely visit and park play date fro. A friend and her beautiful children.

The last two nights though sleep hasn't been my friend. I wake up every half hour or so leaking fluid or simply in discomfort. After a few awakenings I stay awake and can't seem to settle into sleep again, Thursday night I was awake from 1am and last night 3 or 4am! Because I have my darling Harry to care for I am unable to nap during the day so sleep at night is my only chance for rest. Starting to think perhaps I shou,d sleep sitting up? I believe it is the fear and the constant feeling of the leaking and wetness that is keeping me awake but alas there isn't much that can be done. My lovely sister in law is taking Harry for a few hours tomorrow so I might try and catch up on some shut eye then.

Will try to remember to ask the Dr for any sleeping ideas next Wednesday.

I guess that's all for now.

Xx B&S 

No comments:

Post a Comment