Tuesday 17 September 2013

New information and a step forward

18th September 2013

A quick catch up over the last week...
I have had ongoing pains on the right side of my uterus which weren't alarming but rather uncomfortable and something new. 
We also celebrated Aidan's (my husband) birthday with breakfast and a wee drive followed by (his choice) KFC for dinner! It wasn't that bad.
Lots of fluid loss which happens mostly when I lie down or when I get Braxton Hicks.

So for today, which was our weekly appointment, we didn't have to wait too long this time only 45 mins lol (yes I just lol'ed)
The Dr we saw today was another Dr we hadn't seen yet and he was great! Did blood pressure and pulse and a scan first up which he believes, although claiming he is no expert, he saw a wee bit of fluid around baby b which is good so next week hopefully there will be some still!
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that we were called yesterday that I have an infection in my bladder which was picked up two weeks ago but have just decided to write a script for Amoxicillin which should hopefully get rid of it! 
The Dr arranged more bloods to check for infections which will be done weekly now as we are approaching viability :) good to know we are now on the path of "let's care for her" no longer "wait and see, just let nature do its thing" yay!! 

We are now one week away from 20 weeks which means both half way point but also that if we have an emergency we can call the pregnancy assessment centre for help instead of waiting in emergency *HAPPY DANCE* 
We discussed the trial I saw in the waiting room for Magnesium Sulphate which turns out is readily available to us and we will be sure to have it if our beautiful babies decided to or need to arrive early!
Also discussed was the steroid shots which was explained to us in much more detail and we now can make since of. We will be given a shot at 24 weeks if we want it but it only takes 24-48 hours for effectiveness which means they will give just before I go into labour or if they decide to induce. So we are happy with that.
We discussed being administered a hormone should we need to stall labour to give enough time for steroids and magnesium to take effect.

It really does depend on which Dr you get as to how they feel about intervention and care. The Dr today was really understanding about us wanting to do all it takes to save our babies and was very happy to discuss our questions whereas others we have seen have a more bleak outlook and refuse to discuss treatments until we are much further along.

I went and got my bloods done aft our appointment and now know which nurse to avoid!!! I had her last week too and have given her the name Stab-Happy-Susan although I have no idea what her real name is! Talk about ouch!!! Most needles I barely feel but this nurse seems to make sure that you feel every second!

Anyways, my gorgeous wee boy is awake now so will leave it at that for now.

20 week scan next week!!! 

Xx B&S 

No comments:

Post a Comment