Wednesday 11 September 2013

Bed time = blog time

11th August 2013

I know the public system is great in regards to not having to pay for a lot but waiting an hour for an appointment that can only be on a Wednesday is just silly! Especially when they ask you to be there 15 minutes early??

Anyways, we got our appointment eventually and got the results for the blood and urine test. The blood test came back fine but the urine test showed infection... These two tests together should marry up so once again I am a bit of a mystery! I had both tests repeated today just incase of contamination so will either get a call by Friday (they were supposed to call me last week and arrange antibiotics but didn't) or will find out next appointment. 
I discussed the excess fluid leakage with the Dr but he didn't seem too concerned because on the scan twin A still had fluid. There wasn't much blood pooling in the uterus anymore which is good so the bleeding has slowed down a lot. 
The other thing the scan showed was that twin B was very curled up on the side and we asked if its spine would be affected, which the Dr answered no and that he thought the twin looked pretty good from what he could see. The one thing that came up that was information I missed at our 12week scan, because I was upset seeing my poor baby all squished, was that if its lungs haven't developed because of such early fluid loss that the baby won't survive long after its born :( the thought of getting all the way to the end and not being able to take your baby home is just awful. My heart goes out to any parents that have had to go through that and I can only pray that our wee twin will somehow pull through and be okay on the other side.
I was prepared for loss in utero but knowing that we may meet our baby then have to say goodbye is just heartbreaking.

Only 13more days till 20weeks and our next scan so hoping to get a lot more information and a better idea of where we are at.

Oh and one more thing, I saw a notice on the wall while we waited that was seeking applicants who were expecting to deliver early to participate in a study of the effects of magnesium sulphate on neuro development in premature babies. I think I will call and ask about this seeing as we are highly likely to deliver early.

I think that's all from me tonight and hope to have more updates really soon! Goodnight everyone! 

Xx B&S 

No comments:

Post a Comment